Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Everything I own!-

So here is the bike. I know you have all been waiting to meet the one I will spend the rest of my life with. Or until my bike leaves me like all the others. My friends give me a 95% chance of being robbed and kidnapped. With odds like that and a beauty like this one, separation might be destiny or then again it might not.


The bike without a name
The panniers, sleeping pad, handle bar bag, pump


These are most of my clothes. I was wearing a few when I took the pictures and my chacos are still getting repaired.
The lower left hand side is my bathroom, bottom right-- water filter, the upper part-- my kitchen and the right side-- my living room (shortwave radio). On the left side-- my journal, bible and maps.

Left side-- my bicycle repair kit. I will be adding a few more items. Next to that is my MSR
cook stove, then sleeping pad, sleeping bag and tent.

These are just a few random items I have thrown in-- my handle bar bag, quite random and some need to go in my saddle bag, but there are two flashlights, cables for camera and mp3 player, bandanna, knife, gloves, compass . . .

This is pretty much everything


Then that just leaves the engine.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow impressive... i was thinking about everything you were bringing with you as i was moving this weekend.... i was feeling pretty jealous. Is that bad, jealousy?... oh well.. i'm admitting to jealousy that was in heart after moving box after box of randomness.. the goal in my life is to simplify. :)

Robert Ivy said...

You inspire me Justin. I've made the big mistake since coming back to the US of getting caught up in worldly things. Not so much in possessions but in allowing the world to tell me what is important.

Seeing you take up this bike trip reminds me that only one thing is important - being faithful to your calling.

I'd say it's high time for me to drop a lot of things and get back to what I'm really passionate about - just as you are.

Thanks more than I can say and Godspeed.

polycarp said...

Justin... i hope that your trip is going great and that you liked the epistle i wrote you.

i spoke with the family in Nava, Mexico that we always stay with. i have contacted them for you and they would love for you to stay with them; go to church, fellowship, and give you anything that they can to help you on the way.

my email is polycarp86@hotmail.com if you need to contact me.

see ya
dan ( dallard.blogspot.com )

God Bless