Saturday, May 5, 2007

On the Road-

Flying the flag, Thanks my nomad sisters!

My Dad and I before hitting the road

Rachel and I

So at the end of my first day I rest with some friends from HGM.
They were kind enough to let me crash at theer place. It is just 20 miles down the road, but I am a little tired after the days strong head wind. Rachel started out with me this morning on my adventure. She biked with me for 8 miles and it was great to have the company. Last night camp out was a success, other than the few tents that were blown over by the wind and the few people who caught fire after the wind blew ashes all over them.
But I think this best last party that I could ask for. All my favorite people in the world were there, the food was good and smores are always a treat.
So I am 20 miles from home, and it feels like I am camping out in my backyard.
But 20 miles today, then more tomorrow and in a week I will be in the neighbor's back yard.
The miles all add up, so 20 miles down, 9,980 miles to go.
Actually I do not know how many miles I will bike, but 10,000 sounds like a good number.
It is 782 miles to the Mexico border where I am crossing.
My first meal on the road was Subway in Jones, Oklahoma.
My new flag is flying, but it will need some modification.

1 comment:

LEW said...

looks like you're all set. see you in a few days! in sha allah.