Monday, April 30, 2007

Weight-

I have just about every thing packed up for my journey around the world on my bike.
So everything in the world I am taking with me weighs 30 pounds, all my camping gear, camera, clothing, bicycle gear. And all this fits nicely on my bike that weighs about 30 pounds with water bottles, rack and finders. So everything I am carrying with me in the world weighs 60 pounds (27.2 kilos), plus my own weight 165 pounds (75 kilos) so my bike will carry a total of 195 pounds (88.6 kilos) including my water and food. I am sure at some point the amount I am carrying will increase or decrease as I travel.
I have longed for a long time to live more minimalist lifestyle and finally I think I have arrived.

1 comment:

Jessica Malaty said...

What if I told you that I am in Kabul....right now.

jessica.malaty@gmail.com