I think I should start asking people where they live, because I have come to the conclusion that most people are completely unaware of anything else. I was biking through Lexington a few days ago and I asked two people where 77 South was, and neither knew. It was the main highway that runs through Lexington and I was just a block over. One question I never ever ask it “How far is ( )?” It does not matter what you fill in the blank with, no one knows exactly. When I ran across Oklahoma I would ask this question to people when I got bored. I knew that the town was 10 miles away because the map told me so, and people would respond with the answer of anywhere between a few miles to over 20 miles.
But it is a sad day for our nation when we do not know which road we live on or how far the next town is located. But I am sure that everyone knows where the closest golden arches or Wal-Mart is located.
No comments:
Post a Comment