Friday, May 18, 2007

The Doe and Raccoon-

So I have had quite a few guests stay with me these last two weeks and very few have been human, most are God's smaller creatures. Some of these guests have come to greet me and some come to feast on me and luckily this night I was greeted by the former and not that later. As I set up camp at Taylor Creek I was greeted by a doe who walked up upon me, but asked not to have her picture taken, or rather I was setting up my tent and did not have my camera close by, but my second visitor greeted me as I was sitting by the creek. The raccoon walked up to me as if to shake my hand, and I do mean within feet. It then allowed me to take a few pictures and was not threatened by me in any way. It went about its business looking for something to eat and here are a few images I will share with you.






3 comments:

Allison said...

Hey J-Dog. It is me...Allison in A-land. I haven't checked your site in a while, but now I see that you have started your trip. Amazing brother. You are my "Hero of the Day!" TRULY. I must confess, I am beyond envious of you right now. Lately, I have been spening my nights dreaming of bicyle and foot adventures myself. Or better yet, life flying over the ocean. I am thinking of my own adventures for when I return home. I wanted to email you, but I don't have an address for you. So, you shoot me one instead. I hope you are well and am really proud of you. Me and the stars miss you here in B-town.
Allison

DENNIS said...

Hello! Mike Wall told me about your trip and blog. Wow! I'll be following along and praying for you.

Dennis Newkirk
Henderson Hills

Practical Traci said...

you are amazing!! i'm loving the updates :)