It seems to me that every day is so different. And with every new day I do not know what is going to happen. This unknown was hard at first. When I take off in the morning I see a little dot on a town that is miles down the road. How big or small the town will be I do not know, it is just a name on a map. Will I find the people there nice and the food good, or will there be nothing more then a school house and post office? When I look at the road on the map, I do not know really if it will be hilly or flat, if there will be a wide shoulder or none at all. It is hard to know if there will be lots of semi trucks and heavy traffic or if I will have the road alone.
It really feels like my moods have been up and down a lot. At times the littlest things can make me so happy and the slightest thing can get me so frustrated. I am slowly learning with time to just go with the flow, try not to have too many expectations, but just take the road as it comes. I have let myself laugh when people are aggressive on the road, yell or act like an idiot. It does not help to get mad or yell back. Instead I have just tried to learn to laugh it off. It is hard to call it comic relief, but it is sure better then being angry for the next twenty miles. When I first moved to Afghanistan the adjustment changes I had to make were significant, but over time then became less and less significant, as is adjusting to sleeping on the side of the highway and cooking over a cook stove. With time we learn the tricks of the trade and we learn quickness and efficiency. It is a wonderful journey of growing and learning, trusting and loving.
3 comments:
I remember moving to Honduras and all the little things that use to irretate me... now when I go "home" there are so many things that I just can't understand about the states and the need to always move faster and faster! God be with you, Justin! ;-)
Dude, you gotta post a picture of your rig...
whoops, okay I am a moron. Clearly I am only just now figuring out how to work a computer. I didn't realize that you had other posts... that you had already posted many a picture of your rig. Talk to you soon!
Post a Comment