So here I sit reflecting on all the things in my head, and it seems like there is an overload of information. Am I nervous, excited, sad, and glad? Yes! But one can be done?
I guess just say goodbye and pretend like you have an idea what you are doing.
Bike one mile, then another and then another.
Will it be hard? Yes. Will I be lonely? Yes. Will I get bored? Yes
Will I talk to myself? I guess so. I am now!
But, you know, is not life in
Will it be dangerous? Yes.
It is more dangerous in my opinion to live without dreams, to settle for what is comfortable and easy. I hate television, maybe that it my problem. I turned off the television off years ago and I am trying to actually live a life as opposed to watching it on a screen.
So the night before the night before I leave I wonder if it would not have just been better to settle for the two week vacation, car payments and a plasma screen television. But if I die in the desert maybe we will never know if my life was truly fulfilled. I really just hope that you are not all watching the television when you hear the news.
Thursday, May 3, 2007
The night before the night before-
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What you right hits so close to home... I'm moving to a new city in 3 months and have not yet found a place to live; I am scared and excited; I am lonely but surrounded by great friends; I cry a lot....but you are right, no matter where I live (or anyone else for that matter) all these same feelings and emotions will be present!
I am glad to be living in Central America, even on bad days! Thank you for your words... they are more helpful to me than you realize!
Here's to you for getting up and living life, Justin! See you when you get here! ;-) Natalie
Post a Comment