Sunday, May 27, 2007

Survivor Man-

I do not know if you have seen all these shows that have come out more recently, like survivor man and man vs. wild, but not until two weeks into my trip did I watch my first show. I never watch television, maybe only a few hours a year. But my father came down to meet me in Killeen and booked us in a super nice hotel. So while I was sitting in the hotel cleaning off my bike and making a few repairs I had the television on. And lo and behold Survivor Man came on and I thought to myself I had wished I had watched this show before leaving to go on my journey.
Every night I have some adventure or misadventure might it be a better term. I have run-ins with wild animals, crazy storms and many times even crazier locals. I could have started my own show and maybe someday I just might. As far the food, I have not resorted to eating road kill, or bathing naked in public fountains, but I do drink water from convenience store bathrooms and I do bathe every morning in sunblock and every night in bug repellent. So if you find any good tips from survivor man or man vs. wild, post them here. If you just have any advice or tips for my trip feel free to share and who knows, maybe I will post some of my own.

2 comments:

Gypsy Girl said...

I don't really watch much TV anymore, but when I do watch Man vs. Wild, I love it. I'll keep watch and let you know if I hear of any great tips. Take care. I am thankful you are well thus far, and continue to ask the Lord to protect you in a way that gives Him glory!

JasonC said...

I prefer Survivorman because he shoots his own stuff which adds to the difficulty (knowing full well after 9 years in TV news).

When you get into the desert and you need water, dig a hole for a cup or your mug. Before you put the cup in the hole, pee around the outside of the hole. Put the cup in, then put a large piece of saranwrap over the pee and the cup with a small pebble over the center of the cup on the plastic. As the temperature outside rises, the moisture in your pee evaporates onto the plastic and into the cup, but without the impurities. Now you have water.