Monday, May 14, 2007

Stephenville-

I left Fort Worth on Saturday and I was going to bike to Stephenville, I had never been there before but I had a contact and he invited me to go to Church with him on Sunday.
So as I was getting closer to Stephenville, Lucas passes me and says he is sorry but he is heading to Fort Worth and that I should call Adam. So I get into town. I call Adam up and as I sit on the curb all the residences of this small town wave at me as they drive by. At this point I knew that there was something different about Stephenville. I followed Adam over to a house to meet a dozen or more guys, we hung out. It is was like we had been friends all our lives. Then we sat at Starbucks talking about the Chruch and the love of the Lord. This was the start of one of the best three day diologue that I have ever had. I watched this group of people that I have never met before in my life become like family. I have never felt so loved and cared for. I was offered to stay in a half dozen houses, fed the triple meat, triple cheese burger and the best tea in Texas. And I was left so amazed at the greatness of God and his kindness. I would say that this has been one of the best weekends of my life. I will leave this town so encouraged and blessed and I am so thankful for the kindness of the church.


Lunch by Andraus
The Church
(there are women too, but this was just the guys hanging out on Sunday night)
The triple meat, triple cheese at 11pm at night




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just for the record, that great hospitality was found in TEXAS! Way to go guys!

Anonymous said...

This is exactly what I was praying for you!!! So thanks for posting this!! It encourages me! It reminds me that our Father listens to our requests!!! Yay!!! Go Jesus!!
oh by the way... i was at the park early yesterday morning... and lo and behold a little scissortail-flycatcher landed right next me!!! We extended greetings. Then i proceeded to ask him, "Hello scissortail-flycatcher! Have you met my friend Justin in your travels? He is biking south from here to Argentina." Little did i know that there was a man standing right behind me listening to me talk to a bird. He graciously pretended not here our conversation. Yet another awkard moment in the life of Jenna Frank! :)

Kitty said...

You were such a blessing Justin! We can't stop thinking about you and just smiling when we think that there are brothers and sisters out there that God orchestrates amazing encounters with, and brings into family. You're one of those!

a_betancur said...

Brother, we love you so much. You came out of nowhere, a stranger, and left as a brother. Our hearts are with you as we know your heart is with us. I thank God for you and for the encouragement that that followed. I hope we have impacted your life as you have impacted mine. -Love always, your brother.