The amazing thing about my trip is every morning I wake up in fields of flowers, and ride past thousands of fields more. The birds fly overhead and the butterflies accompany me.
I have never lived so in touch with nature as I sleep in the meadows near brooks and streams. The smell of the flowers constantly arouse my senses and the dance of the scissortail flycatcher are my entertainment. These birds, the scissortail flycatchers, have been like the flowers of the field, they have been along my journey by the hundreds. As has been the butterflies. I watch and study both as I am sure they both study me.
I find these gifts of God are much better companions than the travel trailers and the bad exhaust that spews out of the back of cars and trucks. Also, they are better than the thousands of dead animals that line the highways rotting until the pavement and asphalt, or should I rather say driven into it.
The cattle and horses dance as I ride by, and the colts and calves. These young ones dance with the most vigor. It is a longing I know that they want to go with me, to explore and taste the grass on a thousand hills and to drink water from the mountain streams.
I find that all these bouquets fall at my feet and I am the only one lucky enough to observe them because the world looks much different as I pedal forward into a world which seems to be created only for me. All others give little time or thought as they rush by me to schedules and agendas. Forgetting all the best things in life are free and so quickly these things are passing by as they rush to try to succeed. When success is all around us, it is just a matter of taking the time to breathe.
1 comment:
Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? 26 Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? 27 And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life? 28 And why are you anxious about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin, 29 yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. 30 But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is alive and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? 31 Therefore do not be anxious, saying, What shall we eat? or What shall we drink? or What shall we wear? 32 For the Gentiles seek after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them all. 33 But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.
Post a Comment