Monday, July 30, 2007

Head resting in the ditch-

Actually, I have never biked such beautiful mountains as these in Guatemala. I have biked 60 miles up and I feel I could eat the clouds like sliced bread. I crossed the border twice, once when I crossed without an exit stamp from Mexico. I got to bike the 2 miles back to Mexico to get my stamp. And to my surprise many things look similar to Mexico but I think if it is possible the people are even nicer. I bet I have been waved to by a thousand people, children run along side of my bike and encouraging words fill the road as I bike by. You would think I was in the Tour de Guatemala and I was the lead biker in the yellow jersey. The only problem I have had is trying to find a place to camp. I am sure that a dozen families would allow me to stay with them. I did find a nice place to camp last night along the river and slept like a baby, actually I sleep well almost every night. But I guess I do not have the tiredness to sleep in the ditches like those that have drank too many spirits, but maybe by the time I get down to South America.

2 comments:

aloha flavor said...

hi justin, 1st of all, i am Memo, the guy with beard u met at Zipolite camping with Jeff.. the surfer one.. Just passing by to say Aloha, i am in Zacatecas right now, it was my first time i read your blog, it is really INCREDIBLE.. i am so impressed.. My best wishes for you, keep it up justin.. and dont forget: MAY THE WIND BE ALWAYS AT YOUR BACK... peace.. aloha!

thegrauers said...

JUSTIN
WE MISS YOU! SOUNDS LIKE A LIFE CHANGING JOURNEY. WE THINK OF YOU OFTEN. YOU ARE TRUELY A BROTHER TO US AND WE LOVE YOU. HOPE WE CAN SEE YOU WHEN YOU ARE IN TOWN.
KRISTEN