Thursday, July 12, 2007

Sleeping in the storms-

I have entered rainy season here in Mexico and I do not think my tent dries out for more than an hour or two at a time, but I love the rain. It is such a great feeling to not know if you are either wet from sweat or rain. Actaully, the best sleep is in the middle of a storm, but a few nights ago I was way up in the mountians at about 8ooo ft and a huge storm hi. It was almost magical, as I looked for miles and miles of mountians, the light of the moon try to complete with the lightning in an orcastra of light. It is hard to calculate what my favorite thing about this rainy season. Another one of my favorite things is riding in a storm, the mountian passes in the south of Mexico are like tropical jungles, all the green, the songs of birds and natural waterfalls and the rain is so cool and crisp. Really my life is closer to a dream, then the real thing. I wake in the morning, point my bike south and life happens like a dream, not like a normal nights dream, but a magical dream that happens on the night of a storm.

No comments: