Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Visitors in my dreams-

When I lived alone in Afghanistan, I started having lots of dreams of visitors. They would come every night, sometimes they would stay for a long time, sometimes just to stop by to say hi. Every night like clock work I would have visitors. Some of these visitors would be family or friends, sometimes I would have never met them. It was almost magical as I would in my dreams make tea, find them a place to sleep if they wanted or just talk. This went on for a month or so until I got a couple roommates, and now in the last few weeks the dreams have returned. Most of my visitors of late have been local people who have come to greet me, give advice and encouragement. The dreams are not spooky or scary, they seem as natural as I would feel natural talking to someone awake. They are never in some other place, but usually the visitors come to my campsite to talk and check on me. I do not know how long the dreams will continue, but they provide great entertainment, always encouragement and sometimes good advice.

No comments: