Wednesday, July 11, 2007
Working my way down to the beach-
I have finally worked down to the beach. I am so far behind on my blog in my writing and adding photos. Actually for every photo I publish and story I write there are ten more that are not shared. The trip has taught me a lot. Really I do not worry where I will sleep or what I will eat, I have been learning to eat when I can and what I can. When I was in Oaxaca they taught me how to cook cactus, and I have tried it twice while in the middle of nowhere and it is not as great as I thought, but it fills the stomach. Actually I cannot think of a time when I have been happier. I have made friends and friends of friends and friends of friends of friends. I have fallen in love with Mexico, all the music, food and people. It is too bad that so many people feel that this is a dangerous place. I have found it just the opposite. But again I thought Afghanistan was safe, so who can you trust. I sleep just about wherever I want without any problems. I have had people give me money for my trip, cook me meals and give me a bed to sleep in. I do not know if I have ever been shown so much kindness. Actually I have hard times too, like biking up in the mountains, the narrow roads and mosquitoes, but really these are such small things. I really did not know Mexico had so much diversity of people, culture, music and food. I think that all I thought made up Mexico was desert, but I will tell you that there is a lot more here than desert. I have spent the morning on the beach, listening to the ocean, eating fresh fruit and bread, just enjoying life. I miss family and friends, especially when I watch a sunset alone or cruise down a mountain pass at 40 mph. But really I never feel alone, just the opposite. My days seem so full people. And truly I feel so blessed to be alive.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What a wonderful post!!!! I'm glad to read about you doing well!!
Sounds like you are really at peace-that's powerful. I agree about God bringing a person/people to you. It seems He's doing the same with me.
The beach scene looked wonderful and relaxing. And, I must admit your Mexican sweetheart is beautiful.
I thank the Lord for your safety.
Later.
Post a Comment