That is me, biking in the rain, cold or hot, wet down to my bones. My eyes float in my fluid in my head, I dream in the rain, I laugh in the rain, well, I guess I do everything in the rain. Other than one day in the last 40 days, it has rained. Most of the time it provides a nice shower to clean the smell off my body and cool me down. My bike is starting to rust in many places and good things are bodies cannot rust because I am sure I would have rust from head to foot. I thought that when people said "rainy season" I thought they meant that it rained once or twice a week, I was wrong, really wrong.
"Rainy season" to me now means something completely different. It means it is going to rain every day, and sometimes for good measure a couple times a day. But it does not rain all day long, otherwise the world would drowned. It might not be a bad idea to have bought a kayak, who knows, maybe I will float down to South America. I must confess that I love the rain, it makes me happy, even when I am wet down to the bone. I think life cannot get any better, the only thing I ask for is a dry sleeping bag, a warm meal of oatmeal or rice and a cup of tea. The son of the God of rain is me as I have been nicknamed because I have the most beauiful clouds flying over my head and most would consider it a curse but not the son of the God of rain.
4 comments:
Justin did you bring your laptop with you? I am wondering how you post so often. Internet cafes? How do you keep your camera dry?
These are good things to know for trips in the future and you are the travel guru now.
The wonderful thing about the internet is that you can drink a coke and surf the net just about anywhere in the world, I keep my camera in two bags, and both are waterproof. And it does get a little wet from time to time, really I do not have anything that does not get a little wet.
I love your pictures of the barrels of food. We never see that in the US. There so colorful and full of culture.
Hey Justin! You don't know me, but I ran across your blog while I was checking out a friend's old blog. I think what you're doing is fantastically cool and inspiring! I love reading your stories and the pictures are amazing!
Peace,
Trixie
Post a Comment