I have been six days biking in the low land jungles, with nothing to accompany me but rain, lots of dirty cattle and lots of bugs. It has been one of the hardest parts of my trip, just when I get everything dried out it rains more, so actually me nor my stuff has been dry more than a few hours at a time. I listened to the audio books, the ¨Jungle Book¨and ¨The Adventures of Tom Sawyer". I think both were quite fitting. I do not know if I have smelled this bad in many years, actually it has only been 6 days since my last shower, but the humidity makes everything so much worse. Actually, I cannot hardly stand to get in my tent one more night, my sleeping bag and all my clothes smell like spoiled fruit. But I have eaten well, and when I do find markets I carry as many kilos of bananas that I can carry, which I have been eating about 2 pounds of bananas a day. Actually the area that I have biked the last few days has been filled with cattle, they are of the Brahman type, which is what we cross with Angus on my father's ranch. So at the end of the 6 days, it might be wise to bid on the cattle, I am sure they smell better.
2 comments:
I'm glad you finally showered.
Question for you: Could you put a map up of where you plan to travel? I'm interested in doing the bicycle thing from DC and I'd like to know the route you're taking.
Take care.
Mike
In a few weeks when I get settled in a place for more then a day, I will try to add a map of the route.
Post a Comment