Thursday, July 12, 2007

$10 a day-

So far I have lived off more of less $10 a day.
If I could eat the normal amount of food maybe I could live off much less,
but I eat a lot. It is really embarassing to not get full after I have already eaten more than enough food for two or three people. But I camp out the nights I do not have a place to stay, which is about half of the time. Really, the only way I can get full is to go to the supermarket and buy a lot of food. Then I find some nice place in the shade and eat and eat and then I eat a little more. I wish there was an all you could eat Chinese here in Mexico, but I can buy two pounds of tortillas for a dollar and then I buy fresh vegtables and what ever else I can carry on my bike.
Really, I only spend money on food, sometimes a musuem, or a new tooth brush or something random. It is funny how rich so many people think I am because I will be traveling for over a year. Actually it is a lot cheaper to travel for me than it is to live in the United States. I spend less on a budget than most people spend on a car. If you calculate a car payment, insurance and gas, then I am spending way less traveling the world than most would on a car. So for my $10 a day, I get memories that I will take with me all my life, it is like a masters degree in life.
I still have room for anyone else if they want to join me!
All you need is $10, a bike and a little time, which could be harder to get than what most people think.

1 comment:

CS Stanley said...

after reading from the beginning i think i just might want to for a leg. 你觉得怎么样?