Thursday, June 28, 2007
Flowers and the Dead-
As I reviewed my pictures, I saw two main subjects, life and death. I do not know why my infatuation with the subjects. I guess the contrast to me is a lesson I think we must all ponder. Is it better to be a dead king or a living flower? As I travel I find that it is better to be grass in the field than the most finely clothed prince in the grave. I went to the museum of anthropology in Mexico City and it was filled with the wealth of the richest, while the common goods of the common were dust. The flowers are all gone, none remain, but the gold and precious stones remain. As I rode my bike out of Mexico City, I reflected upon the vast wealth, now it sits in a museum with the bones of its owners. Death comes to us all and when we die the best we can hope for what is left is that we would be a museum exhibit. Then there is the flowers that live for just the moment, and then are also gone, but I assure you that it is better to be a live flower then a dead king. Collecting gold, kingdoms and power is a toil for the king, the flower soaks in the sun, blessing all who glance upon its beauty, some might call useless in design, but again if death comes to both what is better, a life to give beauty to the world to collect it in greedy hands and heart or to one day be on display next to the bones.





Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Justin oh Justin....
the words you speak are true,
I'm glad your doing well.
We're all praying for you!
oh by the way... i wrote this song for you. I think it's a hit:
Risin' up, back on the street
Took my time, took my chances
Went the distance
Now I'm back on my feet
Just a man and his will to survive
So many times, it happened too fast
You trade your passion for glory
Don't lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive
1-It's the eye of the tiger
It's the thrill of the fight
Risin' up to the challenge
Of our rival
And the last known survivor
Stalks his prey in the night
And his fortune must always be
Eye of the tiger
Face to face, out in the heat
Hangin' tough, stayin' hungry
They stack the odds
Still we take to the street
For the kill with the skill to survive
(repeat 1)
Risin' up straight to the top
Had the guts, got the glory
Went the distance
Now I'm not gonna stop
Just a man and his will to survive
(repeat 1)
The eye of the tiger
Hey, Justin,
this is Rachel Bullard. Glad that you are safe, and still smiling. I am excited that you've made it passed Mexico City and are continuing your journey.
Post a Comment