Thursday, June 21, 2007

Mountian rain-

When I crossed the border of Mexico I did not know what I was asking for. I was prepared for the desert, but I never knew about the mountains. When the rain falls in the mountains, speeds of my bike go from a few miles an hour up the hills for hours and over 30 miles an hour down the hills in seconds, around curves that could throw you off the bike at any minute. I now understand what is is like to taste the clouds and bathe in the rain. Frozen to the bone as I was soaked to the deepest of my core, these were the best two days of my trip. Pine trees as tall as skyscrapers greeted me like they have seen travelers for hundreds of years. Truly like the journey that I am on, who would have guessed all the people I have met, like the cold rain in the mountians, refreshing to the soul.



Down for the night

Out my front door


Afternoon break

And the rain came















.

No comments: