Friday, June 1, 2007

Smaller World-

It is a small world. Little did I know that when I took off on this trip that I would have friends of friends. I made some friends in Stephenville and they told me of this family in Nava, Mexico the Morales family. Lo and behold in Nava, Mexico there they were and they invited me in to share dinner with them and stay the night. Carlos, the father, is a pastor here in Nava and his son Moses is an engineering student. It was such a wonderful first night in Mexico. Actually it was a wonderful first day, the weather was overcast and I crossed the border at Eagle Pass and Padres Negras at 7:30 am. Again I took off this morning early. Today was a little bit harder, I had to take the highway 57 which had no shoulder and hundreds of large trucks passed me at record breaking speeds. Most were kind and gave me room. Sometimes I was forced to swerve off the road. Near the end of the day two large trucks passed at the same time and I was forced once again to dive off the road. The only problem is that I hit a large clump of grass. I did not know it but I lost one of the bags off my bike. I made it half a mile down the road before I was pulled over by a trucker who pointed this out, as I turned around and went back the bag was gone. I was just about in tears at the thought of losing all my clothes and half my gear. And at that point I just prayed and asked the Lord to bring the bag back and he did at that very moment a truck pulled up behind me and said here is your bag and God bless you. Again I was almost in tears, it had been a tough day and I was low in spirit, but the Lord reminded me that he had not forgotten me. Here are a few pictures from earlier, I have been having problems uploading pictures, so sorry that the stories have not matched the pictures. But hopefully I can get caught up.

No comments: