Thursday, June 21, 2007

14 servings of pasta-

I eat a lot! Very rarely do I actually look at how many servings I eat, but while I was waiting for my pasta to cook for lunch I took a quick glance at the nutitional content and saw that I was cooking 10 servings of pasta. This was fine, but a few hours later I cooked 4 more servings for a snack. I also ate 6 pounds of mangos and a box of granola bars and several sandwiches. It is a little embarassing when I get around people that eat normal amounts of food, because I can easily eat double anyone I meet and with little effort three times their amount.
Good thing that the further down in Mexico I go the cheaper the food.
I bought 6 pounds of Mangos for a $1.50, and a whole cantalope for $.50, but my real source of calories comes from the bakaries here in Mexico. I think most of the time the shops think I am buying for a family, but as I leave with close to a dozen pieces of bread I know that it will hold me over for a day and a half, maybe two days if I am lucky.
I still drink green tea most mornings, it is about the only regular thing that I have. I am like a treasure hunter looking for filling foods for as cheap as possible.
The supermarkets are filled with the best buys. I never buy from gas stations. I could easily spend $10 on trying to get full.
So for 14 servings of pasta I spent less then a $1. Now that is my kind of meal.

No comments: