I have been a little hard on myself these last few weeks and my body and bike have both taken a pretty good beating. So to celebrate 13,000 km on the road and biking 175 km in a day, both in the same day I treated myself to a room ($2.35) in a hostel and a chinese dinner that cost $2, plus ice cream and cake $.75. Actually two roads diverged yesterday and I took the paved one. I woke this morning at 4,000 meters in the mountians and watched the sunrise, then I watched the sunset on the ocean. I biked 175 km in one day (mostly downhill). My previous record was 165 km. But the cross roads was this 1000 km of mostly unpaved roads or Lima where I have a place to crash for a day or two, another chance to swim in the ocean and 1200 km of paved roads. Plus last night I slept with all my clothes on and still froze. It was 1C and I decided that I will hit the mountians again in a week or so, but for now let me have the beach and a comfortable bed.
I will be in Lima on Saturday. It is just 200 km away to the south. I am back on the panamerican highway, and let's just say, it is a love and hate kind of thing, The drivers here in Peru are going to kill me, I am sure of it. They are the craziest that I have seen in sometime and their love for the horn is appauling, but it is just one minus to the many pluses that I have found to this lovely country.

Two flowers for my two moms

I would like to buy a couple acres of this

One of these sunsets
Up high, lots of clothes, this is a first

Sunset on the mountians

The sunset from the night before

A mountian lake

What a day!

Up above the clouds

The valley coming down

The herd, coming down the road. I bet I saw at least 10 herds
today coming right down the road. What a country!

The ocean and a wonderful sunset

My room for the night

The Chef at work. We talked for along time in Chinese.
He was a real nice chap and made a real good meal,
the real thing - not american chinese.

My chinese dinner
1 comment:
Awesome awesome awesome! The photos are beautiful and the food looks delicious. Congrats on your milestones!!
Post a Comment