Over the last three weeks, I could write a book in two large volumes of the words that have fillled the air around me. It has been a blessed break but it is funny, even with all those words I have a hard time writing them out. With words like that it takes a computer running 24 hours a day to process and since I have to sleep, I am way behind and look forward to the open road to help me figure out what happened in this wild wind of events. It is funny how life can change so quickly. This free falling feeling is a little too comforting which should scare me.
I am back on the road. I flew through the night, arrived in the early hours in Guayaquil, Ecuador to walk to the bus station in the morning hours to jump on a bus in time to stretch out and wake in the wonderful little town of Puerto Viejo, Ecuador. I walked into the church to find my bike sitting there waiting on me. What a faithful friend. The air is warm and it wrapped around me like one of my grandma's blankets. All I could hear in my ears was welcome home. I arrived with no fear, no doubt, without struggle, just breathing deep the mountian air. The skies were clear and streets filled with puddles of rain reflecting the heaven and stars. I took it all in as if it was inside me. The skies are getting clearer and as I wipe the morning from my eyes, I feel it, the life it calls me. Words are lost, words are found and at 10:24 AM on Friday January 11, 2007, it feels great to be alive!
1 comment:
This one gave me chills. Welcome home
Post a Comment