So I have an exit stamp in my passport for Ecuador, but I have yet to enter Peru. I found a little internet cafe to give everyone a little update. I just biked in 3 days what I was hoping to bike in 6 days, and in a short ride I am now at the border of Peru. I was hoping to have a place to stay last night with some friends, but it fell through. That happens quite frequently, but then again so many homes open up out ot the blue also.
I have had a few problems with my bike over the last 4 days. I had one flat in the middle of a bridge, which luckly I was able to get it patched up and back on the road and then this morning my wheel was making a funny noise and it kept getting worse and worse until I had to bike back to a town to find a guy to fix it. I never really did figure out what was wrong. I think it just needed to be straightened because I hit some big pot holes yesterday. I am missing my family and friends a lot. The road I have been on today has almost all been under construction which means lots of dust, dirt and mud. So I am covered just about head to town in grime, but I am sure I will find a river to jump in tonight and go for a swim. I have over 10,000 km to bike in just over three months. It took me just about 5 months to cover the first 10,000 km, but I know that I can do it. I guess we will see how I feel biking up into the Andes.
1 comment:
Justin,
This is Brandon Donaldson from your LifeChurch.tv days. Keep on going buddy. I love hearing about the relationships you make each day. God bless the journey!
Post a Comment