Friday, January 11, 2008

Some of what happened-

Where it all started for me going back to the States was when I was walking on the beach with one of my best friends in the world and he said he wanted to buy a ticket for me to return to the States for Christmas. I am at the place in my life when he could have said I would like you to fly to Russia and I would have gone. The last six months have been so crazy I think waking up in a different place every day makes waking up in a bed in the States not seem so strange. It is a weird feeling when I can walk on a plane with a ticket in my hand for anywhere in the world and it be the same feeling as someone would feel when getting in a taxi and going across town.

So while in the States I was able to see just about all my family and so many friends that I have not seen in too many years. I gave about half my family a heart attack when I showed up in the States and as soon as my sister found out I was in Oklahoma she bought a ticket and flew in from California. I think it might have been the best Christmas ever because I flew in just in time to miss all the commercialism and no one had time to buy me any gifts that I had to pretend like I liked. It was just family time, which has to be one of my favorite parts of the year. When I was back in the States I also worked for a couple days cleaning up trees on both my grandfather's land and on my family's ranch. I was able to make it to a church building, which it was a surprise to me to find tears on my cheek as the power of God moved despite our buildings and programs. Then as I lost track of time, I got lost in a goodbye which I did not want to say which I will have to write more about later. And then there I was once again at the Oklahoma City Airport, ticket in hand. Luckly it did not say Russia, but rather some place warmer.

No comments: