I have now passed the 12,000 km marker and I have biked an average of 120 km a day for the last 9 days and I am just 6 or 7 days away from Lima. In the beginning of the week I biked along the coast, swimming in the ocean and enjoying the 100 degree weather. I have enjoyed camping out under the stars. But not every night has been easy one night. I was attacked by hundreds of mosquitoes. I have never seen so many in my life. I could count hundreds of them sitting on my tent. In the desert I slept without a tent, but woke up covered in sand as the winds never really died down all night long. I met a couple that had been biking around the world for the last four years and I also met a 77 year old man who was biking from Chile to Ecuador. I was not able to upload any photos, just this one, but I should upload more in a few days.
Tuesday, January 22, 2008
Trying to stay sane-
The desert is a hard place and I just spent the last three days biking alone in it. I had a strong head wind most of the time, ran out of water several times and started talking to myself out loud. But God provided Manna from heaven and when ever I needed water I just held up an empty water bottle to the passing truckers and they always filled it up for me. I was also given mango's, orange juice and plenty of thumbs up and waves, which are the best of encouragements.
I have now passed the 12,000 km marker and I have biked an average of 120 km a day for the last 9 days and I am just 6 or 7 days away from Lima. In the beginning of the week I biked along the coast, swimming in the ocean and enjoying the 100 degree weather. I have enjoyed camping out under the stars. But not every night has been easy one night. I was attacked by hundreds of mosquitoes. I have never seen so many in my life. I could count hundreds of them sitting on my tent. In the desert I slept without a tent, but woke up covered in sand as the winds never really died down all night long. I met a couple that had been biking around the world for the last four years and I also met a 77 year old man who was biking from Chile to Ecuador. I was not able to upload any photos, just this one, but I should upload more in a few days.
I have now passed the 12,000 km marker and I have biked an average of 120 km a day for the last 9 days and I am just 6 or 7 days away from Lima. In the beginning of the week I biked along the coast, swimming in the ocean and enjoying the 100 degree weather. I have enjoyed camping out under the stars. But not every night has been easy one night. I was attacked by hundreds of mosquitoes. I have never seen so many in my life. I could count hundreds of them sitting on my tent. In the desert I slept without a tent, but woke up covered in sand as the winds never really died down all night long. I met a couple that had been biking around the world for the last four years and I also met a 77 year old man who was biking from Chile to Ecuador. I was not able to upload any photos, just this one, but I should upload more in a few days.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I hope you reach some "greener pastures" soon.
Post a Comment