I guess I am afraid if I name my bike someone will steal it. Losing a bike without a name is no big deal, but once it has a name it is personal and I might have to seek revenge on anyone who harms it.
I have thought about calling it "the big wheel." When I was a boy I had a big wheel and it was also black. Actually, I rode the big wheel into the ground. And this is the reincarnate big wheel. I do not know if my big wheel had a name. I think I just called it the big wheel. But "the big wheel" is kind of a long name, I need to shorten it somehow, maybe calling it BW, but that does not sound that cool. So any ideas? Actually I kind of enjoyed calling it bike with no name. I think there is a song about a man riding through a desert on a horse with no name. I am a little different. I am riding in a rainstorm on a bike with no name, but kind of the same idea.
8 comments:
You could call it PIC...your partner in crime. Or you could go something more historical...like Confederate, which is also essentially a partner in crime. You could also go communist and call it Comrade. Also something to think about....does your bike have a personality? Like...we were getting Indian names on the rez a couple summers ago and my sister is called Flies in Circles because her Eagle on her moccasin only had one wing...so if your bike has something unique like that you may want to go with something along those lines. Or if you think of it as a gallant steed or something you could go to some etymology and name it something in the language of your choice.
We read your blog tonight! It is so good to hear your thoughts. We wish we could have spent time with you when you were here. love and miss you! The Grauers
Wilson... definitely Wilson like Tom Hanks and his ball.
Or how about Giles? Like a butler who takes you places.
Or what about Wings... seems like that bicycle is your wings.
Or what about Eli... like Elisha who went up in a chariot of fire? What a ride that must have been!
Or... there's always Bob. Plain old dependable Bob.
We enjoy your adventures! Thanks for sharing! And GodSpeed! (oooo... there's another name!)
~KH
Oh never hold back for fear of loss! Big Wheel's a good name- better to have something to shorten... to Big... or Wheel. My car's name is Truck. Simple is good.
Noble Steed
Hey Justin,
I havent talked to you in years and saw an article about you in the "Edmond Outlook". What you are doing is amazing!! I just wanted to wish you good luck and safe travels. It's awesome to hear of someone from high school who is making such a difference in the world. I'm anxious to follow your blog.......
Melissa Wackerly
Hey, I'm not sure if this is the same Justin. But i think that we went to middle school together. My name is Lindsey Williams. Went to Central Middle School..oh yeah its you..i just pulled out tha old year book! That is too funny! I have "sooo fine" written above your name! Anyway, I saw you in the Edmond Outlook..what a neat person you have become! Ya know another funny thing we moved to Luther after middle school and moved into the house right next to the house you lived in there! I heard that through the grapevine somewhere back in high school anyway good luck and god bless!! xoxo
I think you should call your bike "The Chick Magnet" because you have girls from high & middle school tracking you down and almost every photo of you with another person has at least one girl if not a few of 'em.
Post a Comment