Sunday, September 23, 2007
Biking alone-
Sometimes the road is lonely out here. I guess I miss the touch of friends and family. Sleeping and eating alone is always the hardest. When I am biking in the day the time fills full, but the void at night can be hard. I grew up in a big family and we always shared meals together in the evening, someone was always waiting to use the bathroom and on the couch there was someone to sit with. The meals, the stories and hugs are hard to live without, and all that greet me in the evening are the smell of my stinky body and partially cooked pasta mixed with tomato paste. Again if anyone decides to sign up for my diet plan, or to turn off your electricity maybe you would be interested in partially cooked pasta with tomato paste and the open road. I promise that you will have a partner. And just think, you will not have to bike alone, nor will you be the only one called gringo, it will be gringos!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment