Monday, October 1, 2007

This moment ten years ago-

Nicaragua was the second foreign country I ever traveled to. I had to get my first passport and at the age of 17, I flew to this wonderful country. I spent the week performing in churches and schools. We were sharing Christ with the people of Nicaragua through skits and music. That was almost 10 years ago. When I was here, I met a family from the States. They moved to Nicaragua just to love on the people. They had two daughters and spent most of the day in the city dump and working with poor people around the city. When I met this family it changed my life, and maybe this was where the nomad seed was first planted in my life. After this point I knew I was called to this life. So here I am again. I am back and my life journey comes full circle. This week I have been able to speak to a couple groups of university students about my journey. I have been able to visit an orphanage and just be able to love on some children. I have been encouraged and lifted up, and it has been good to be here with family.

No comments: