Sunday, September 23, 2007

Beans and Rice-

It seems like millions and millions are made and lost on diet plans,
so I thought I would like to cash in on another diet plan idea.
Actually over the last few years I have come up with several diet plans although none of them have really taken off. The first diet plan was the Third World Diet, which included moving to a third world country, eating all the meals off the street and drinking unclean water. I guaranteed a minimal of 10 pounds of weight lose in just one week. Then I came up with the diet plan that you could eat as much as you want as long as you bike all day long. Again I do not know why this one failed. Maybe people just do not like bikes.

The last diet plan just came to me a few days ago. Here it is, eat only beans and rice.
Just imagine the thousands of dollars you will save and I promise that the pounds will come off you just like melting butter. Why do you not see a fat person in a beans and rice country? That is because they eat beans and rice. If the beans and rice is too plain then just add vegetables, but no meat, no processed foods and no golden arches, no sweets, or candy. For $5 a person you could live a whole week off just rice and beans.

Why has this diet not taken off before? Because it has no flashy design or logo, and it does not cost you anything. So if you want to start on my "Super Duper Beans and Rice" just send me $99 a month. I promise that you will lose all the weight you want and you will not have to worry about all those expensive grocery bills.
I will try to work on some logo somewhere in between biking the next thousand miles. I am sure I can find lots of people down here to testify that the diet really works.

14 comments:

iLikeToBake said...

Well, I'll be living off that soon enough as a Grad Student overseas...hehe!

Stacey said...

I object to your beans and rice diet. That ain't no diet. You'd be a fatty if that's all you ate. (unless you rode your bike every day...)

I've seen many outcomes of the beans and rice diet- and none of them have been the perfect body.

Justin Vorel said...

Maybe that is the problem with all diets not combined with exersize you see most places where there are lots of beans and rice there is also a lot more physical labor, I have been in Nicaragua and I have only seen one or two grossly overweight people, and compare that to the States, I would still say the beans and rice, plus lots of veggies a lot is better and where did you see people get fat off beans and rice?

Justin Vorel said...

In some bean and rice countries the fat does not come from the beans, rice and veggies, but soft drinks and all the oil that they cook with.

jr's lil sis! said...

bother I would try your diet but I am pretty sure the folks at work and Phil would not enjoy all of the gas to follow! I love you! MORE STORIES..more stories! it makes my day to come home from work and read them! good noght sleep tight don't let the bed bugs bite!

Stacey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stacey said...

I saw people get fat off of beans and rice in Guate. I even got a nice 'up close and personal' viewing one day when I went to the water park- Man, hot bodies everywhere!

And you didn't mention veggies.

Although true. Beans and rice are a better diet than a big mac and fries, I'll give ya that much.

jshaddenham said...

The bean and rice diet does work though, contrary to belief!! You might (or might not) remember that Jon and I did a "bean" diet just to see how cheap we could live. $30 every two weeks, that was for two, and I'll tell you I did loose some weight. Its hard to tell how much, but it was probably 10 pounds during the two months we did it. All this to say, go for it!! Jon and I can be your spokespeople once you get the logo!!
Stephanie

JasonC said...

I believe that rice and beans contribute to Latin booty, unless you exercise which is a major difference in undeveloped countries vs. the US. People have to do manual labor and walk everywhere instead of driving and sitting in offices.

Beachgurlie8102 said...

Hi I just want to say that I know for fact that this diet works. I ate nothing but rice and beans for over a year. I started 180lbs at 5'9 and finished at 139lbs all with in 6 months. I worked out an hour a day by doing aerobics and a 15 minute arm and ab video. I thought it was great but like everything there is a down fall if you go back to eating regularly you will put on the weight. Plus the meal always filled me up so I go down to eating once maybe twice a day. 1 cup of rice and 1/2 can of beans. B from Cocoa Beach Florida

X-Cat said...

Back in 1979, I lived off of plain beans and rice with doodlum gravy (gravy made with browned flour with chopped onions and salt). Occaisional supplementing my diet with fish caught from a local creek. I lost a lot of weight for my frame and Mom got worried when she saw me. Finally got a decent job and was able to buy meat and bread again. Gained back the weight, too.

Michele said...

Michele - I just finished watching Survivor and saw all the weight that Taj lost and how fantastic she looked living off this diet so I have decided to try it. I just thought I would look up some info to ensure that it was fairly safe and can't believe all the sites on this diet. I just started so no results to report yet. I will let you know

Unknown said...

it has to be brown rice, so it has all the nutrients to satisfy your body's needs and you don't need to eat as much.
if you soak the beans overnight or buy the organic Eden kind in the can then you won't get the gas. also don't cook them in lard. the oils used in cooking, along with white rice and lots of corn tortillas is what makes many of our southern neighbors fat. not the plain brown rice and beans. your body will get used to eating proper portions as opposed to gorging on fries and burgers.

Isavegas said...

I grew up on bean, rice, potatoe, and corn bread. Grandma thought meat was bad and sugar - the devil's tools.

She traveled to Africa often with the Church of Christ missionary -perhaps that's where she got the idea.

While I was thin and energetic, it was a miserable experience. I was very gassy and vomited easily.

Yes I am still thin but I suffer uclers, constant diarreah/constipation, and digestive problems.

Terrible diet for anyone. Created sugar cravings that lasts long after you grow up and change your diet.