Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Ten minutes before it is too late-

My dad said that rain always comes ten minutes before it is too late,
and I have pondered this statement a lot over the last few days.
Life does seem to work out that way, the dry seasons of our souls
and when we think that we cannot take it any more the skies open and rain covers us.
Here at the ranch all the grass has been burning up, it has just been too long without any rain
and with temperatures hovering close to a hundred degrees, we needed rain.
And today the rain came, and as I ran to escape the giant drops that felt like tears, it was hard not to laugh and dance.
Because I knew that God had not forgotten me
And truly it is never too late
It might feel like it is too late but ten minutes before it is too late Gods rain will come,
but we must wait.

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

I love this blog... just so visual.

Ruthie said...

stumbled across your blog (hope you dont mind!) reading your stuff is a peculiar feeling that brings yearning with it...ive travelled a long time and now im back home to 'finish' my study and it just always seems that i should be 'out there'...i dunno. Anyway, your writing is lovely. thanks!