It has now been six years since I last paid rent, and a few days ago I sent in a check.
It is a very strange feeling, the thought of setting up an apartment.
Having my own space.
Actually I attempted to move to Chicago, when I packed up my truck last year I did not move to Chicago with my heart.
My heart was still wandering out there somewhere, and I still feel like there are parts of my heart that are still traveling.
A fear of mine that I will hate it, that I will be found once again in the breakdown lane of the highway with lights flashing.
I still dream about the road, I often dream about Africa, India and every place in between.
My eyes searching open air markets, buying a kilo of fresh fruit, striking up conversation with a vendor.
It will be weird to wake up in the same bed day after day for a year.
In a matter of days I will be leaving Oklahoma and moving to Louisville Kentucky to start graduate school.
I will be starting a two year program in religious studies.
I will to my best to keep writing, I look forward to living in a new place, hopefully this time the feeling will not fade.
1 comment:
For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them..
so my sweet son, rest in "the walk", it is all in His hands.He is trustworthy..
I am sending with you my heart, my love, my hopes for your realizatiion of your emormous value to us and our Redeemer.
M
Post a Comment