Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Choose your own adventure-

There were these books that I read as a boy called "Choose your own Adventure", in the summer time when school was out I would read dozens of these books.
I would walk to the library which was a converted trailer, and with the air-conditioning humming, I would sit on the little stool and read books. It was the hot summer days of the late 80's
and was life so ever grand. Sometimes I remember disliking one of the story lines and I would try to end the book. Which in the books you were given chooses to make, and if I did not like the story line I would chose to quit missions, but the books never ended that way, because if in the books you would always get sucked back into the story no matter what choice you made and many times have the same ending no matter what choices you would have made. And life to me feels a little bit like that, like no matter how I mess things up, or no matter how hard I try to accomplish something, if it is supposed to fall apart that it will and if I try to let things slide, then some how it sticks together. In this season of life I wonder if I have any control, and it seems like when I let go things stay together, and I have spent my life trying to keep it all together.
So it feels good to let life happen, and to love the place that I am.
Love the people that I am with
To chose to be HERE!

No comments: