The dew covers the body no more
Only baking sun and the taste of salt at the corners of the mouth
A storm is emerging, but not one of rain
Obsession with power
Desperation for a meal
Dry dirt consumes us up through our feet
In the market she is sold as sacrificial offering to save us all,
If only we would have burned her body at the stake instead of the lust of men
Far away, distant language and land
In this trade she has no name
Nothing matters anymore, not to raw materials
Faceless slaughter robbing all of humanity
A conveyer built of activity only leading to the demise of all mankind
Only her tears fall from her cheek
Until they are all gone
Leaving a hollow cistern the only thing that remaining
Humanity where is our daughter, sons where is your sister?
Mother does not your heart ache at the departed sound of pattering feet
Or the little beat of her heart
Father is not your heart not torn from your very chest
My little sister what would I not give?
Does anything matter but your very freedom?
To see you play once again among the fields
Or resting once again in our arms
May your whisper awaken the slumbering warrior with in
Would your very tears mix with our blood awakening a passion for justice
Awaken heart do not give in to this idle passing of time or pursuits of folly
Nor passions for a kingdom of straw
To pour out love until the bottle runs dry
Holding nothing back not even a drop
Smashing of glass with this life as to never hold any for reserve
My dear sister I am coming for you!
I just finished a book “Not for Sale”, It is the fight against modern day slavery.
I would highly recommend it to anyone This is a response I have written mostly because I did not know how else to respond for now.
1 comment:
Justin- I would like to use this writing in an upcoming outreach for EVE...Eternal Voices Elevated. We are a group of women reaching out to those in the sex-industry here in Oklahoma; where voices have been silenced or have been quieted to a whisper, we elevate ours on their behalf! We go into clubs once a month to give out no strings attached gifts, take prayer requests (or pray on the spot),but mainly we are building RELATIONSHIPS of love and trust with our sisters. I think hearing this from a brother would be a blessing from the other side! It was for me. Please email me...it's Delissa from CS.
Post a Comment