Sunday, February 10, 2008

Puquio-

When I arrived in the little town of Puqiuo, I was greeted by a carnival of dancing and one giant water fight, so what can one do but stay the night. I could use the rest anyway. I have been biking up for the last two and a half days. In two days of riding there was nothing, except one or two little restaurants. I ran out of water and struggled to keep warm. I played in the snow and chased the wild alpacas in the mountains. I camped in abandoned sheep herders hut in the mountains. I went from the desert to snow in the mountains. I slept in all my clothes just to stay warm, two pairs of pants, two long sleeve shirts, but I was able to make it. Then I woke in the morning for one of the most wonderful rides in my life, just above the clouds and life does not get any more perfect than this.
Camping below the cross, last night in the desert.

Up above the clouds once again


The wildlife


Snow, and I could feel it

But the snow does not bother my friends


SNOW!, and my Chacos



Little rooster likes to play in the snow too.



The hut in the mountains

The kitchen


Out the front door



Camping in the hut




GREEN!


Cow with earrings



Little pigs, my friends on the road


Up above the town


Who would have known


Bring it on


Dancing in the streets - this is my kind of place



With my face painted and wet from water balloons, it is time to party

3 comments:

JasonC said...

Don't your feet get cold?
I guess the hut was just a thing for travelers to use as they go by, right?

Summer said...

I love that picture of the deer (they're deer, right?) eating in the snowy mountains. Very picturesque.

Summer said...

On second thought, I'm pretty sure those are not deer. Lamas maybe.