Thursday, February 7, 2008
Biking with Juan
So I met Juan back in Colombia some months back- I passed him pushing his bike up a hill. He is biking all of South America also, but he is doing in on a tricycle, or something like that. When I flew home for Christmas, it gave him time to pass me and then I caught up with him again south of Lima. So I decided to slow down and bike with him for a few days. He travels at about half my speed, but it is the turtle and the hare, he bikes solid all day long where I stop, lay in the shade a little in the afternoon, and eat ice cream as much as possible. And so it has worked out where I bike ahead, buy some fruit, lay in the shade and wait for him to catch up. Juan is from Venezuela and biking with him has really given me a different prospective on the whole of South America. In the morning he will take off south down the coast and I will head up to Cuzco in the mountains, so it will be goodbye to my travelling companion. It has been fun to have Juan to ride with for a few days. I think we both needed someone to talk to to pass the desert a little faster.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment