Tuesday, October 30, 2007
14 days without a roof over my head-
I spent too many nights under the open skies and it almost swallowed me. I slept on the beach most of the time, but 3 solid days of rain put a little damper on my camping spirit. But I biked the Pacific coast of Costa Rica and there were plenty of beaches, actually dozens of beaches. I slept like a king, with the waves as a rocking me to sleep. In Costa Rica I met some bike tourists. It was a nice feel to see someone else dumb enough to bike Central America in the rainy season. I made it all the way down to Panama City where I was supposed to have a place to crash, but it turned out I did not, so biked out one of the worst biking city I have been to. At this point in my trip I hit one of my all time lows, no place to stay, tired, dirty and moments away from getting ran over by a bus. So I rolled through town without a friend and the blues surrounded me like few other times before. As I biked out of town I was looking for a place to camp, but none could be found and the sun was quickly setting and this is a really bad place to be in. And that is when God provided me with a wonderful Oasis, I came across a Ywam base, which is youth with a mission. I had many friends in the States that worked with this organization and they told me that I should stay at some of the bases. I had completely forgotten about this until this moment in my trip. I walked up the long drive to ask if I could set up a tent, instead they offered me a bed, a nice shower, good meal and half a dozen cups of coffee. It was like being back in Stephenville. The best sunrises are after the darkest nights and I owe these guys a big thanks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Praise God! That is so awesome :) This really made me smile.
Post a Comment