Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Costa Rica-

Costa Rica was the most expensive country in central America. I think there are more people from the States living there than any place I have been so far. Actually I think it is quite a popular place for retired couples from the States. The prices on property are more than double any place else in Central America, but the government is more stable and the investment more secure. Actually in the supermarkets you could find any product that ones heart desired, chocolate, bread, cheeses, fruit and vegetables to fit any appetite from Europe or the States. I enjoyed Costa Rica a lot, the beaches were nice for camping and I did almost all my shopping at the supermarket and cooked almost all my own food. The restaurants were all so fancy and expensive so I resorted back to my pasta diet. In Nicaragua, Honduras and El Salvador I almost quit cooking all together, the food was so cheap and plentiful I could eat two or three meals a day for under $5. In Costa Rica this was not possible.

No comments: