Friday, November 16, 2007

Cali-

Life does not get any better then this. I arrived in Cali quite blue, the road had been hard on me and I was tired down to my bones. I was burned out on cities and just wanted to bike past Cali and every city as far as I was concerned. To me cities have become a thorn in the flesh and I much prefer the open spaces with country people. But I had a connection in Cali and when I arrived there I gave Uzuz a call. I did not know anything about him, nor did he know anything about me. I met him in the south of Cali, and it had been in my heart since I felt quite empty that I would try to be light. What I found from Uzuz was a great brother in Christ. We instantly hit it off and shared stories of life, the church and our journeys in Christ. I have been a long time praying that I would meet another brother, the road had been feeling really long and lonely and the Lord knew that these clouds overhead were becoming too much.

Uzuz is a Colombian artist who has worked in the inner city many years. He has lived all over the world, including Oklahoma City, OK. He has a great house full of fruit trees and I have taken a few days off to work on making a few sketches of my journey, to read the scripture with my brother and encourage each other. I hope to get a canvas and a paint brush in my hand tomorrow, and if I cannot take any pictures with my camera I will paint them. It is great to be around another artist and brother, and we have had dozens of wonderful conversations. Truly the Lord does not forget us even when in the middle of Colombia with no place to call home.

5 comments:

Gypsy Girl said...

Rejoicing! God is El Roi...and faithful to meet us where we are and provide for our every need. I am so thankful to Him for lifting that cloud for you and providing sweet fellowship.

iLikeToBake said...

This post makes me happy :) Sending lots of love your way! I can only imagine how much this experience is allowing you to grow.

thegrauers said...

Glad you met up with a friend. God is so good to us! Love hearing your adventures. We think about you almost daily. Blessings, Grauers

Summer said...

That's wonderful! Have a Happy Thanksgiving Justin!

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures, sweetie.
Thanks for working so hard to talk to us Thanksgiving weekend... we love and miss you