Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Bottles to the back and urine in my hair-

Some days are full of surprises, and I had two surprises in one day. I was hit by a coke bottle thrown at me by a passenger of the bus that was passing at 45 miles an hour. It happened as I was riding in the mountains up in Honduras, one of those things I am sure was meant to be funny but it was not. Then about an hour later, another truck drove by and this time someone throw a glass of liquid on me.

As I looked in the back of the truck I could not see anyone. Actually it was a large truck about the size of a medium size moving truck with wooden panels in the wall, so it was easy for someone to stand up in the back of the truck without being seen, but I thought this was really funny that someone would throw water on me. Then a few minutes later two other trucks went by that were almost exactly the same other. This time I was focused on the cargo and then I found out that it was not a glass of water that was thrown on me but the urine from a cow. The trucks were moving cattle and I got hit in the cross fire. Urine from a cow is not refreshing like a mountain rain, but I guess it still cooled me off.

No comments: