Tuesday, April 24, 2007
I am quitting my job-
I did not really have a job, but it was fun to pretend. I kept office at the Edmond public library. I got tired of people making fun of me for not having a job so I created one. Friends would ask me where I am going and I would say I have to go to the office. It was a great place and I must say that the pay was lousy, but there is something about the books that made the job truly wonderful. In the last few months I have read dozens of books from travelogues, travel guides, books on monks, hobos, hitchhiking and bicycle repair. Books are like friends, they can make you laugh and make you cry. It will be hard leaving my job where I worked with all my best of friends, but that is a great thing about books, you can read them again. And since my job never paid, I guess I do not have to worry about job security. I can always pick up my job again when I get back, if I ever do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment