We are travelling on, we made it through Louisville, Jackson and Memphis, it seems like we need a break. Thankfully Oklahoma is coming up and we will slow down a bit, I can do some painting and we can just enjoy the farm. In Jackson we got to see quite a few of our friends and got to do a little tour of Union University where Charli went to school. We were able to spend time with Carly and Stacy, and meet many of Charli's great professors. Carly and Stacy have both been around the world with Charli and they have lots of crazy stories from their adventures together.
In Memphis we were able to catch up with Quentin, one of my dearest friends in the world. Over the last few years I have been through Memphis several times, and many of those were hard times. When I first returned from my trip down to South America, I struggled to find my place and always in Memphis, I found my good friend Quentin. Quentin and I have been friends for over ten years, back in Oklahoma, and through Afghanistan and even now as we get ready to move overseas once again. It is great to have such good friends, but the good byes are getting hard. Every time we say good bye these days, it is for 3 to 4 years, which is not forever, but it sure feels like a hard good bye.
No comments:
Post a Comment